Forums for parents who lost their homes to North Bay fires:
Parents who lost their homes in the recent North Bay fires are finding it helpful to gather in a place where it's comfortable to talk about what they are going through with others who have had similar experiences. It's a good way to express feelings freely and share strategies for helping children through this challenging time.
Evening: This coming Wednesday, November 15, 2017 6:30-8:00 PM at the California Parenting Institute (CPI)
Daytimes: Friday mornings, November 17, and December 1, 8, and 15, 2017 9:00-10:30 AM
Location: 3650 Standish Ave, Room 120, Santa Rosa
Directions: 101 to Todd Rd exit, Take Todd Road 2 blocks west (cross tracks), turn right on Standish (you'll see "Industry West" at this corner). CPI will be on your right. Enter the modern-looking building at north end of parking lot.
Parents only, please: no childcare is available
These forums are free of charge and are designed specifically for parents who have lost their homes to the recent fires. It is fine to attend any or all of them. No advance registration is required.
This forum will provide:
- Information about normal post-disaster behaviors you might observe in your children
- Strategies for parenting your children through their recovery from the fires
- Red flags: When to seek outside help
- An opportunity to share feelings/questions/information about parenting issues that might be arising subsequent to the fires. What seems to be helping your children to cope? What parenting challenges would you like to ask about?
- An opportunity for parents who have lost homes to connect with each other and bolster their own coping strategies
If you are in this situation, I hope you can join us.
Karen Littell, MSW