English Learners Advisory Committee (ELAC)
What is ELAC?
Each school with 21 or more English learners (also known as LEP students), regardless of language, must form a functioning English learner advisory committee (ELAC) or subcommittee of an existing advisory committee.
What is the main function of ELAC?
The purpose of the ELAC (or subcommittee), if appropriate, is to advise the principal and school staff on programs and services for English Learners.
What are the goals or required tasks of ELAC?
The committee advises (reviews and comments) on at least the following:
- Development of the School Plan for Student Achievement.
- The school's program for English learners.
- Development of the school's needs assessment.
- Administration of the school's annual language census.
- Ways to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance.
When are the meetings?
Last Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in Rm. 143. With the exceptions of December and May.
- October 24, 20017 Minutes
- November 28, 2017 Minutes
- January 30, 2018 Minutes
- February 27, 2018 Minutes
- March 27, 2018 Minutes
- April 24, 2018 Minutes