“Each day has a story that deserves to be told, because we are made of stories. I mean, scientists say that human beings are made of atoms, but a little bird told me that we are also made of stories.”
Restorative Specialists Support:
- Classroom Circles: with the participation of the teacher, we will support in the classroom around community building and creating dialogue around a range of topics, including class curriculum
- Suspension Re-entries: Students that have served a suspension and are being integrated back into the school community.
- Official Referral Circles: Intended for Suspension Diversion and Conflict Resolution, including situations where a harm has been done and there is an opportunity to make amends.
- Lunch Bunch Group: during designated days, these circles will be facilitated during lunch time. Students voluntarily sign up to dialogue about a variety of topics and issues that are of interest to them.
- After-School Circles of Support: Will be for students who need ongoing support. This is inclusive of Pro-Active Circles/Workshops to provide a safe place to dialogue and be creative to raise student involvement. They can range from topics affecting our community to having guest speakers.
Days at SRHS
*W & F: All day (until the end of 2018)
*T & Th: All day (Beginning January 2019)
I am Héctor Jiménez Carreño, and I am your part-time Restorative Specialist. I was raised in Rohnert Park California. I graduated from Rancho Cotate High School and continued my education at the Santa Rosa Junior College. I completed my associates of arts in sociology. I will be continuing my education at Sonoma State University. I have previous experience working within Santa Rosa City Schools, as an ELL Instructional assistant at Montgomery. From there I began working as the interim Dream Center Specialist at the Santa Rosa Junior College. Nonetheless I am very excited to collaborate with you all!