New Student Orientation
Santa Rosa High School's Orientation will take place on August 4th and 5th on Santa Rosa High School campus. Students are expected to attend the orientation and expected to attend during their specific grade’s date and time as posted above. Families are welcome to attend with their students. The times posted for orientation represent a window of time for students in each grade level to attend, meaning students can show up for Orientation anytime during the first hour and half of the window. For example, 9th graders should arrive between 8:30 am and no later than 10:30 AM for their Orientation. A student is estimated to complete their orientation in 30-45 minutes.
Orientation Date and Times
Aug 4, 2022 8:30am-10:30am 12th Graders
Aug 4, 2022 11:30pm-1:30pm 11th Graders
Aug 5, 2022 8:30am-10:30am 9th Graders
Aug 5, 2022 11:30pm-1:30pm 10th Graders
Aug 8, 2022 5:30pm New Panther Family Welcome BBQ, South Gym RSVP Here by August 2.
Aug 11, 2022 School Begins
Prior to Attending Orientation or Mid Year Admission
The following items should be accessed and filled out online prior to attending orientation, if joining mid-year, prior to meeting with your counselor.
You can visit the Health Office Page to contact the Health Tech for more information.
- Health Emergency Card to be completed online by all students.
- If your student requires ANY medication at school (including OTC), please have a physician fill out the attached Medical Authorization Form - English / Spanish to allow for the dispensing of medications to your student through the Health Office during school hours. The Health Office will also check to ensure that all immunization records are up to date, all emergency cards are turned in, and all health testing is completed.
Free and Reduced Lunch
Course Selection Links (updating links)
You can visit the Counselors Page to find and contact your counselor for assistance.
- Course Offerings
- 9th Grade Course Selection Request Form
- Course Selection Presentation (Rising 9th) 2022-2023
- Course Selection Presentation (Rising 10th - 12th) 2022-2023
- Course Selection Cheat Sheet
All students are strongly requested to attend orientation. During this time, all students will receive their Santa Rosa High School welcome information packet and invaluable information about attending school here. Parents are invited to attend with their students.
During orientation, students and families will be able to:
- Check out a locker
- Lifetouch photos in the Multipurpose Room on the North End of the Campus on the west side of the North Gym.
- Learn about the programs and offerings at Santa Rosa High School
- Turn in any health documents or medications to the Health Office in the Main Building.
- Get help with their parent portal account so that you can monitor your student’s grades and attendance during the school year.
- Purchase items: PE clothes, yearbook, and an ASB sticker which provides students with discounted or free entrance to athletic events and school activities.
- Log into the new digital ID system
- Chromebook check out and book return
What if I cannot come to Orientation during my specified time? Or I cannot come at all on either day?
We encourage all students to attend Orientation, but if your student cannot make the time specified for their grade level, they may attend during another grade level's time. FYI - Attending Orientation outside of your specified time may result in a delay during picture taking as picture taking is organized by grade level.
Siblings may also attend together during either of the dates and times specified for one of the siblings. If your student cannot attend either date, they should simply come to school on the first day, Thursday, August 11, 2022. Make-up dates and times, as well as assistance to complete anything not completed during Orientation, will be available in the first week of school. We will have a picture make-up day in September for students who did not take school pictures during Orientation. Information on that date/time to make-up pictures will go out to students and families in early September.
School Community Outreach
In the mini quad between the main building and the science building, we will have our sports teams, clubs, athletic director, and Artquest set up with tables to give information about each organization. Our admin team will also be out and about to help as needed.
Class schedules for students are available in the Aeries Student and Parent Portals. Student schedules will be available via the parent portal on Aeries during the first week of August. We will not be printing and distributing schedules. Chromebooks will be available in the library during orientation and the first day of school for anyone who does not already have one. If an error on a schedule or a class needs to be removed because it was made up during summer school or through another accredited institution, please come to the counseling office during your orientation time. The following changes will NOT be made until after the first day of school: change of teacher, change of class periods, and adding a free period.
Purchasing (Note: The Online Student Store will not be open until the first week of August.)
We are excited to announce our Online Student Store! On this website, you can purchase:
- ASB Cards (Discounted or Free entrance to athletic events and student activities!)
- PE Clothes
- Bus Pass
You must create an account to purchase items in the online store. Once you create an account, you will need your student’s ID# to complete your ordering. Your student’s ID # is available on their Aeries portal. The business office will be open during orientation to make purchases as well.
Student Health and Medical Needs
The Health Office will be open on August 4th and 5th during orientation. If your student requires ANY medication at school (including OTC), please have a physician fill out the attached Medical Authorization Form - English / Spanish to allow for the dispensing of medications to your student through the Health Office during school hours. The Health Office will also check to ensure that all immunization records are up to date, all emergency cards are turned in, and all health testing is completed.
- Health Emergency Card to be completed online by all students.
Calling All New Panther Students and Families!
New Panther Family Welcome BBQ on Monday, August 8th at 5:30 PM in the South Gym, followed by BBQ pickup meal and socializing on the north lawn of DeSoto Hall.
New Panther Students and Families,
You are cordially invited to attend the New Panther Welcome BBQ hosted by the Panther ASB Student Leadership Team. This event is open to all students and their families new to our campus this coming school year. We hope you will attend! Please RSVP HERE by August 2nd, so we can adjust planning for the number of people attending. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you on Monday, August 8.
- Student Handbook
- 2022-23 Academic Calendar
- History of Santa Rosa High
- Graduation Requirements
- College and Career Center
- PE clothes can be purchased through the Panther Store.
- Campus Map
- Bell Schedule