Family Engagement

previous arrow
next arrow

Financial Aid


Financial aid may come from sources such as the government (state and federal), the college you attend, and private organizations. Monies may be in the form of grants, scholarships, work-study, or loans. Financial aid is meant for use at 2 and 4 year colleges, trade or career schools, and graduate school. Accessing financial aid requires submitting applications by certain deadlines. Students and families are asked to participate in workshops and presentations that are offered, such as Cash For College financial aid nights.

Beginning in July of 2022, it is now a California graduation requirement (AB 132) for seniors to complete either the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application (CADAA). Even if you don't think that your family income qualifies you for need-based financial aid, many merit-based scholarships require that you complete a financial aid application. Please check out the documents and videos in the SRHS Financial Aid Toolkit below that we have complied to assist you in starting your financial aid application. After you have started working on your FAFSA or CADAA there will be opportunities for you to attend financial aid events as well as schedule individual meetings if you need further assistance.

This toolkit covers information about financing college, which financial aid application to fill out, how to fill out the FAFSA or California Dream Act Application, scholarships, grants, loans, additional aid programs, and other helpful resources.

This document give you an overview of which application to fill out, the materials needed to fill it out, and helpful resources.


Financial Aid Application Links

Complete the FAFSA or California Dream Act Application by March 2nd!

Complete the FAFSA to qualify for all Federal and State scholarships, grants and loans.

Students and parents should create separate FSA IDs prior to completing the FAFSA. 

AB 540 is a California law that allows students, including *undocumented students, who have attended a high school in California for at least three years and graduated or attained the equivalent of a high school diploma, to pay in-state tuition to attend California public colleges or universities. Students will not qualify for federal aid, but do qualify for state aid.



There are thousands of scholarships available to high school students who plan to attend a vocational school, college or university after high school. Each scholarship has varying eligibility and application requirements. Finding and earning scholarships can be time consuming, but also financially rewarding. Below are some resources to help you in your search.


Helpful Resources 


Resources for Undocumented Students


*Students and families should be aware of scholarship or financial aid scam sites. Please do not use sites that require payment. If unsure, please contact the CCC or a School Counselor.