Graduation Ceremony Information 2021
We are proud of our graduation ceremony; we prepare extensively to offer a fitting and meaningful occasion that our students and parents deserve, and for which Santa Rosa High School can be remembered.
Mandatory Graduation Practice & STP Sponsored Senior Breakfast
June 4th from 7:30 AM - 9:00 AM
Students who do not attend graduation practice will not participate in the evening ceremony. Practice is key! The Senior Breakfast will start at 7:30 AM at Nevers Field (The Football Stadium). Graduation Practice will begin at 8:15 AM on Nevers Field. All Seniors must be at Nevers Field by 8:00 AM.
Graduation Date and Time: June 4, 6:00 PM, at Nevers Field-SRHS. Gates open at 5:30 PM. Graduates must arrive by 5:00 PM.
Seniors receive 4 tickets each. They can pick them up on June 3, 2021, from 8:30 AM- 3:30 PM behind our library. Seniors must bring in their Chromebook to get a ticket. This will be a drive-thru event. There is no “reservation” of seats for our graduation: it is first come/first serve seating. There is a handicapped seating area on the track. The SRHS graduation will be live-streamed and we will share that link on June 3, 2021.
Due to COVID protocols currently in place in Santa Rosa City Schools and at Santa Rosa High School the attendance capacity of our graduation is limited. While our guidelines nationally and in Sonoma County may shift between now and graduation we will not be expanding the capacity of the Class of 2021 ceremony. We ask that all of our seniors and families observe the COVID protocol information that will be distributed with the graduation tickets. We look forward to honoring our seniors and keeping our community safe on June 4th and appreciate your support and understanding in limiting our graduation attendance this school year.
Graduation Ticket Pick-up was June 3, 2021, we are now allowing students who clear their LOP to pick up tickets starting June 1 and continuing to June 3.
- Seniors receive 4 tickets each and can pick up those tickets between 8:30-3:30 PM at the Library Window.
- You must clear your LOP (Books, Textbooks, & Chromebook) in order to pick up your tickets.
- You can clear your LOP at any time when the Library is open.
Students do not receive their real diplomas as they walk across the stage and are given a diploma holder. All diplomas issued by Santa Rosa High School are inscribed with the name of each student as it appears in the school’s data system. Diplomas will be available for pick-up starting Monday, June 21 in the Santa Rosa High School Counseling Office.
Please check the Santa Rosa High School Website for Office Hours on June 18. Students must show a picture ID (ID picture on phone is acceptable) in order to pick up their diploma.
Policy on Graduation Cap Decorating Guidelines for Seniors
This school year ONLY, decorative items such as leis and sunglasses are allowed during graduation and graduates may decorate their caps using the decoration guidelines listed below.
Please take into consideration the following rules when decorating your graduation cap. Failure to follow these rules will result in the removal of the cap before the ceremony.
Graduation cap decoration guidelines for 2021
- Cannot contain any advertisement, symbols, abbreviations, initials, words, slogans, patches, or pictures that: Refer to drugs or controlled substances, tobacco, alcohol, or weapons or be of a sexual nature, and this will be determined by the administration, if we don’t know what it means or if it means possibly anything that is considered questionable it will not be allowed.
- Cannot denote an affiliation with gangs or which advocate drug use, violence, illegal activity, or disruptive behavior which is detrimental to the safety and welfare of other students, and this will be determined by the administration, if we don’t know what it means or if it means possibly anything that is considered questionable it will not be allowed.
- Cannot be obscene, profane, vulgar, or lewd and this will be determined by the administration, if we don’t know what it means or if it means possibly anything that is considered questionable it will not be allowed.
- Cannot include numbers other than the graduation year.
- Cannot threaten the safety and welfare of any person, and this will be determined by the administration. If we don’t know what it means or if it means possibly anything that is considered questionable it will not be allowed.
- Cannot make noise. No bells, horns, or anything that makes noise
- Only the flat, top area of the mortarboard may be decorated. There cannot be anything rising above or hanging down from any part of the cap.
Students, we highly suggest you trace your cap onto cardboard and decorate the cardboard. In case you make a mistake, you can start over with a new piece of cardboard. We will not furnish new caps if you mess yours up decorating. After you decorate it, stick it to your cap with double-sided tape or Velcro stickers. Velcro tape can be purchased at any fabric store, Target, Wal-Mart, and throughout many CVS and Walgreens stores.
It is appropriate to put the following on your cap:
- Thank someone in your life (family, friend, or another appropriate person)
- Recognize the university, JC, CSU, or trade school you will be attending
- Your graduation year
- The branch of the military you will be joining
- An appropriate quote
- Your intended career plans
The administration will reserve the right to disallow anything that is not considered appropriate for the commencement ceremony. If your cap is approved and the disallowed items cannot be removed from the cap for the ceremony, a replacement cap will not be provided, and you will not have a graduation cap to wear for the ceremony.
Campus Candids Graduation Foto will be capturing graduates after they receive their diploma and exit the stage. If you are interested in purchasing the graduation ceremony photo(s), below is a link or a QR code you can scan to register your information and receive a link when the images are online, Typically one week after the ceremony, the image(s) are online and ready to view and purchase.
Graduation Photo Link:
Senior Academic Awards
The Seniors Awards SlideShow will be released via ParentSquare and the SRHS YouTube Channel on June 3rd, 2021.
From the Office of the Registrar at Santa Rosa City Schools- Seniors Request your transcript now!
It is now time to order your final transcript to be sent to your College of choice - whether it is a 4-year college or community college. All colleges require final transcripts to be sent as soon as grades are final after graduation.
Click on the picture below to access the form on the Santa Rosa High School Website and order your transcript now!
Each year, the Sonoma County SELPA is required to develop an Annual Budget and Annual
Service Plan for submission to the CDE. A Public Hearing by the Superintendents' Council
is required prior adoption. Notice of this Public Hearing must be posted in each LEA and each school site immediately
upon receipt to ensure it is posted at least fifteen (15) days prior to the Hearing (Education
Code 56205 (b) (2)). The Public Hearing is scheduled for Monday, June 7, 2021 beginning at 8:00 a.m.
- Parent and Family Engagement Policy
- Politica de Involucracion Parental y Familiar del distrito escolar para el programa Title I al nivel de la agencia LEA
The Santa Rosa City School district prohibits, at any district school or school activity, discrimination, intimidation, harassment (including sexual harassment) or bullying based on a person’s actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, nationality/national origin, immigration status, ethnic group identification/ethnicity, age, religion, marital status/ pregnancy/ parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, medical information or association with a person or group with one of more of these actual or perceived characteristics. This shall apply when applicable, to interns, volunteers, and job applicants. For questions or complaints, please contact District Equity and Title IX Compliance Officer: (For Students Grades K-6) Anna-Maria Guzman, Assistant Superintendent Teaching & Learning, 707-890-3800 X80302 email@example.com; (For Students Grades 7-12) Patty Turner, Director SAFE, 707-890-3800 X80418 firstname.lastname@example.org; (For Employees) Stacy Spector, Assistant Superintendent Human Resources, 707-890-3800 X80602 email@example.com; 211 Ridgway Ave., Santa Rosa, CA 95401