Family Engagement

previous arrow
next arrow

Non-Grad Options


Unfortunately, sometimes graduation from SRHS  doesn't always happen for our students.   This does not mean that the student will never earn a diploma, it just means we have to take a different path to the end goal of that diploma.

If a student is not able to complete all the requirements by June of their fourth year of high school, the counselor and family will meet to discuss other options which may include (if less than 30 credits is needed) summer school, SRJC courses, or online courses.  The plan may also include taking a test to earn a high school diploma.

 Alternative High School Diploma Options: See this page for a comprehensive list. 



General Education Diploma (GED): 

The GED is a test, if passed, is equivalent to a high school diploma anywhere in the United States.  Students must be 18 to enroll for the test which is given regularly at SRJC at Plover Hall.  SRJC also has test practice classes to prepare for the exam.  To enroll in these classes, students can not be concurrently enrolled in a high school.  Once a student passes the GED, they no longer need to attend high school.  Proof of passing the test must be brought into the counseling office in order to drop a student from high school.  Parent permission is not necessary as the student is an adult.  For more information on the GED and enrolling in the SRJC practice course, please visit the links below.